Monday, January 23, 2017

Reading Notes: Bible Women,Part B

Ester
I know that Ester is not underrated, quite the opposite in fact, but I think it would be interesting to feel the dread creep into her as she walked to her potential death.
I would focus on a particular scene where she preps for three days before going before the king.
I think it would be awesome to highlight how her beauty contrasts with her inner turmoil. By describing her beauty, the wealth she wears and the splendor in which she lives. I wold zoom in on the particular instance as she walks toward the doors of the kings throne room, contrasting all the wealth and beauty, perhaps throw some mirrors in for fun, and contrast it with how each step leads her closer to doom, the growing dread in her stomach, and the fear she has to feel and how she fights to keep the tremble out of her hands. Then I would cut the scene right as she opens the door and steps in.
Ester by eikonik
DeviantArt

Herodias 
What could I do with this story...Maybe she was a priestess? who was attempting to end Christianity-seeing it as a threat to the empire, but misjudged the time period? Or perhaps John had done something along the lines of Joseph and she condemned him further out of spite? I could add the fine details make it more mystical. Definitely make her arrogant but also don't make the others innocent of the crime.

Lazarus
Technically this one is not about the women, but I can definitely spin it from their perspective, probably Martha's.
I really want to add emphasis on that this guy had been rotting for three days, and had been decidedly ill a while before that. I want to point out the sheer misery and mourning these girls would have been, turn Lazarus into the only man, the one who gave them a good life. What incredulity they must have felt when Jesus showed up demanding to see a the body and the (not relief, fear maybe) desperation they felt when Lazarus walked, what was going through their mind, certainly not that this was an act of God at first. I think it would be interesting to see just how panicked and confused they would have been.

Bibliography- Kings James Bible- Specifics Compiled by Laura Gibbs, Online Source

No comments:

Post a Comment