Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Estes Park, Colorado- My Favorite Place


When I lived in Colorado, I went on yearly trips to Estes Park, Colorado. It is a small town just outside of Denver that functions the primary base camp for people going up into Rocky Mountain National Park. Many of my fondest memories are found in the mountains, hiking its trails and discovering its captivating scenery. Estes Park itself, reminds me of when I was young and a cup of hot chocolate, a warm fire, and enjoying myself with my friends was the greatest possible thing in the universe. Though I have not been back to the mountains in years, I look forward to a time that I can once again scale its awe-inspiring peaks.

(Estes Park Welcome sign: Wikimedia commons)

(Rock Mountains National Park, Photo by Jim Williams: Wikimedia Commons)



(Photo of a camp counselor (left) and myself (right) age 13 at Estes Park Resort)
(photo taken by me of the Rocky Mountains)

1 comment:

  1. Estes Park is fabulous, Carol: I saw eagles there when I went on a visit with my parents a few years ago. Maybe you'll want to explore some of the folktales and legends of the western United States. Such beautiful parts of the country have inspired some wonderful stories too! :-)

    ReplyDelete