Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Week 8 Reflections

It has been really fascinating to read the stories from all around the world. When choosing my stories, I have been trying to find ones that I have never heard about before in my main readings then familiar ones for my extra credit. The only thing that I have disappointed myself with is that I ended up not reading anything from Africa. Looking at my reading notes, I am not sure if they would be productive for anyone other then myself, and they definitely would not help a person who has not read the stories in question, as they give no hint of the original plot most of the time. The train of thought jumps around and trails off, most of the sentences are riddled with grammatical errors. The good thing is it follows my train of though, and gives me enough to wright new stories. That is what is important after all.

I am very happy with all of my stories bar one. I feel as if my stories reflect me as a writer and me as a person. I believe in very present, emotive, and immersive stories and my writing reflects that. The only one I am disappointed in is A Day in the Life of Gods. Even though it is a good story I think it showcases my weakness in writing. I dread dialogue, and will do everything in my power to avoid writing it. It so happens that that is exactly what I love the most about other peoples stories. So many of my fellow classmates can write dialogue, and they are amazing at it, and it makes me envious of that ability. Conversely, I feel like they end up missing part of the stories because they focus on the dialogue so much that there is not space for descriptions or support. To much dialogue and the story feels superficial.Oh well, maybe I should stop shying away from the dreaded conversation.

Quote by Edger Allen Poe
Quote Fancey

No comments:

Post a Comment