Monday, April 3, 2017

Reading Notes: Celtic Fairy Tales, Part B

Beth Gellert
Nooo, I want the dog to live. Maybe a fairy could come out of the woodwork and stop the king from killing his dog. Freeze the king in time and show him his child safe from harm, hiding under the covers. When he his free form the spell the fay and dog are both rewarded handsomely. Then when the dog dies of old age it is buried with a monument. Or the dog kills a changeling child, as he knows it was not the kings true son then when the king, unaware of this happenstance goes to kill the dog a fey stays his hand and tells him the truth of the matter. only to return the king's son to him, and reward the dog with a long life and healthy decedents (or keeps the son because the king killed his loyal companion).
Sleepy Grayhound by Unspalsh
Pixabay

Bibliography
: Celtic Fairy Tales by Josepth Jacobs: source

1 comment:

  1. I like how you think... I'm a big softy, ESPECIALLY when it comes to dogs and I wouldn’t want the dog to die. I didn’t read this section but the picture of the dog jumped out at me, because he is beautiful! Then when I realized that a dog in the original story died in some convoluted situation I was sad. I’d love to read your slightly altered version of this where this beautiful puppy might have a chance to live.

    ReplyDelete